• Again as stated many times before Obscurum is a darker supernatural community, themes will be dark and they will be scary. This is not a slice of life community. Nothing is fluffy, light hearted or gentle. If you are uncomfortable with these themes, Obscurum is not the place for you.
• If you feel uncomfortable at any time, by either another writer or by someone else posting a narrative please inform us immediately and we will do all we can to elevate your concerns.
• Keep all NSFW posts off the friend’s page, or post them with a warning for others. If you violate this rule we will let you know once, but if you do it again we will remove you.
• There will be monthly group plots that you are not required to join but you can if you would like to do so. We will also be hosting a bi-weekly group screened plot joint effort, which also does not require you to participate in. If you do so, you will be rewarded with artifacts for your character and these will meet your monthly activity check.
• If you have a character plot you would like to do, please inform us first and do not start it without our knowledge. This is more for our knowledge and protecting you if someone tries to interfere.
• No made up species, please.
• Regarding V the production of Vampire blood as a drug for mortals, we will be moderate this if it gets too out of hand. If you would like your humble mortal to be affected by this drug, please contact us first so we can establish the guidelines for this and what you should expect.
• Vampires are not allowed to come into the game with daylight walking artifacts. These will be rewards, given out as we see fit. That means, you guessed it, you need to participate in plots and earn the right to have these rewards.
• Vampires is a species that is very dark, has underlying themes of blood. If you feel that is not for you, then please let us know and we will work with you on bringing in a second character if you would like.
• Werewolves will shift only during the full moon and the new moon. They are not allowed to shift whenever they please.
• Werewolves are also immortal, much like a vampire.
• Because they are usually mindless while in werewolf form, werewolves do not run in packs however they can communicate with other werewolves while shifted.
• Have normal mortal weaknesses.
• They do not automatically know that someone is a supernatural creature. The only way that is possible is they actually look for the signs.
• You may not kill supernatural characters in game without the permission of both the mods and the writer of the character. If you violate this rule, you will be kicked immediately and redflagged by us.
• You will have one main form that is your shifters go-to.
• But in order to shift into another animal, your shifter must study said animal for sometime before they can willingly shift into the creature.
• However, if your shifter kills another shifter they will be cursed with being able to shift into a human. Remember there are consequences for killing another shifter, as the more they shift into a human the more their health deteriorates and they die.
• The more your warlock or witch uses the magic, the weaker they become. They must rest, rejuvenate and replenish their magical store.
• iF YOU CREATE AN DAYLIGHT WALKING ITEM, REMEMBER THAT THERE WILL BE MAJOR REPERCUSSIONS FOR YOUR CHARACTER. THEY WILL BE DRAINED, WEAK AND THERE WILL BE OTHER MAJOR SIDE-EFFECTS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE, CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AND WE WILL DISCUSS THE PROCESS WITH YOU.
• Familiars are allowed but they must be notified by us before you bring them in. So, we can okay your familiar and it's not a common animal that someone else is using.
• currently we are looking to fill the hutchins family and we are not looking to add more families until that happens! 3.24: As of this date we are allowing for unaffiliated witches to join the community. However, they will be new to town and unaffiliated with either family! Whether they align themselves with one family or the other is up to you later on as you develop your character, but keep in mind they will be caught in the middle of an already tense fued for territory between two powerful and vying witch families!
• Mortals have mortal weaknesses - death, illness and etc.
• If you are bringing in a mortal with plans of them switching species, please note that this does not just magically happen. You must be actively writing this out and working with us on this. If you are planning on writing this out with another writer, let us know who and we will keep an on eye on things. Like stated before, we want the best for you and want you to be your best. We are only going to step in if someone else tries to interfere with what is happening.
• Regarding possession, we are limiting these and if you would like to write this out please inform us first. If we grant you permission, you must inform us of the demon and details of said demon. When you are tired of them being possessed you will need to have your character participate in an exorcism.